Great news! Schilling Development is currently looking to hire a Land Development Project Manager at our St. John, IN location. This position is full time with excellent benefits, advancement and many perks. A typical shift will be Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm, with occasional evening meetings.
Schilling Development has grown to become the largest land developer in Northwest Indiana. We are dedicated to the development of single-family communities that suit the needs of new home builders and their clients.
- Provide on-site direct supervision of construction personnel and subcontractors in all phases of land development process from contract award to final acceptance of infrastructure, through lot turnover to builders and homeowners.
- Effectively manage all aspects of land development construction and personnel by implementing and maintaining systems and procedures which will ensure all infrastructure is constructed in accordance with quality standards, according to defined delivery schedules, within allotted budgets, and achieving company goals.
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development construction through successful delivery of all lots to builders and homeowners.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work with subcontractors and field consultants as necessary.
- Manage construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with business plan.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; sewer, water, road and amenity construction.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
- Regularly review all development projects, including other construction activities as may be assigned from time to time, to verify work in progress, contractor activity and manpower.
- Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site contractor. Schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, and site contractors.
- Work with Development department to resolve finished lot deficiencies.
- Regularly review construction budget and manage change order requests, pay applications, retainage and final payments.
- Enforce OSHA safety requirements, ATSSA traffic control standards and NPDES sediment control BMBP’s.
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Other duties or projects as assigned or needed, including willingness to follow direction from upper management/ownership.
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or a Junior or Senior College student pursuing a Construction Management or Civil Engineering degree; additional experience in commercial and residential construction and remodeling projects is a plus.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, computer and customer service skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read blue prints and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent driving record with a valid driver’s license.
Schilling Development is an independent company that maintains its office within the Schillings store in Saint John.
Schilling Development provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, unfavorable discharge from military status, sex, marital status, disability, order of protection status, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. Schilling Development is a drug-free workplace.